Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Suede Denim Police


Yesterday I was exposed to a new phenomenon - the Census survey from the Australian Bureau of Statistics. This is what happened. I was having dinner with my collegues in Brisneyland and they asked me if I had received THE form in my hotel room.
So as it turns out the Australian Bureau of Statistics puts out this form every 5 years or so to work their shit out.
Now here's the question that kept me awake all night after filling out the form:
Why the fuck does everyone in the whole goddam country have to fill out a form when it is called the Bureau of Statistics? From what I have learnt in the Northern Hemisphere is that there are quite sophisticated statistical theories that works on samples...
On the other hand where I'm from you are a number from the day you were born so no need for any global surveys there.
I wonder if the goverenment official can figure out that it was me who filled out that form where Yoda is my religon.

No comments: